As if I needed an excuse to have a celebratory second breakfast this morning, today is the birthday of the Shire’s two most famous hobbits. I mean, when two of your favorite characters in all of literature have a birthday on the SAME DAY, it would just be rude and disrespectful to refuse second breakfast.
But second breakfasts aside, I was reading the comments on a post in the Classics Club blog and came across Hamlette. When she mentioned that she would be hosting her 6th annual Tolkien Blog Party from September 22-29, I knew I had to participate. She will have posts running all week and she created this tag as a way for the rest of us to participate. So without further ado, here’s a Tolkien tag!
Tolkien Tag 2018
1. What’s your favorite Middle-earth story/book? My favorite has to be the Fellowship of the Ring. There is so much going on and I love every freaking page.
2. Do you have a favorite subplot? I absolutely love the Tom Bombadil scenes and the Ent scenes. (I also adore how the friendship between Legolas and Gimli progresses)
3. What’s your favorite theme in Tolkien’s books? (Can be in one specific story, or overall.) I love the element of friendship and solidarity. Everyone plays a part and they work together to defeat evil.
4. Do you have a favorite weapon from Middle-earth? I wouldn’t mind having Sting the next time I get tossed into a group of Orcs.
5. Would you like to be a hobbit? I think I have been living as a hobbit for my entire life.
6. Do you have a favorite romance/couple? I’m a fan of the Aragorn/Arwen romance, but I really hope Treebeard finds his lady Ent.
7. What’s your favorite Middle-earth creature? (Can be “real” or “imaginary.”) Ents! With Elves as a close second.
8. What character do you look the most like? Well, I’m short with brown hair and I enjoy the above mentioned second breakfast, so I’ll have to go with any of the hobbits.
9. Are there any books about Middle-earth or Professor Tolkien (but not written by him) you recommend? I have this awesome illustrated Guide to Tolkien by David Day that I would recommend.
10. List up to ten of your favorite lines/quotations from the Middle-earth books and/or movies.
“It’s the job that’s never started as takes the longest to finish” -Sam
“Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised” -Aragorn
I am so excited to get to participate in Bilbo and Frodo’s Blog party. I have been a fan of Tolkien for years now and I never get tired of rereading the books or talking about the books.
If you are a Tolkien fan, I would recommend checking out Hamlette’s blog party!