I was pretty fortunate in my reading life in 2018. Out of 87 books read, there were none I absolutely hated. At worst, there were a couple I mildly disliked and a couple I had such conflicted feelings about that I couldn’t decide how I felt about them. However, I finally realized that if I don’t hurry up and get this posted, I’d be posting my best and worst of 2018 in the beginning of 2020. So without further ado here are my favorite and not so favorite books of 2018.
- North and South -Elizabeth Gaskell
- War of the Worlds – H. G. Wells
- The Shuttle – Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Language of Thorns – Leigh Bardugo
- The Luminaries – Eleanor Catton
Not So Favorite Books:
- The City of Brass – S. A. Chakraborty
- The Fair Barbarian – Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Bronte
- The Hazelwood – Melissa Albert
- The Dumbhouse – John Burnside
I’d say I had a pretty successful year. I could only come up with 5 ish books out of 87 that I really didn’t care for. But thanks for joining me. Let me know if you agree or disagree on any of these books I listed!